Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Enough is Enuf is Enoph

On Friday I was checking one of my many email accounts and before I actually clicked to see what my messages were I saw there was an article about protests at the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. So I’m thinking “what the hell could anyone protest about there.” I clicked on the story and I was amazed to find out that this small group, the report I read said four protesters, was protesting that words in the English language are too confusing to spell.

Now I will admit that I am not as learned as others when it comes to the language and I do admit that some words are confusing but what amazes me is that the leader of the protest was a former principal. You got that! This is a person that made it their life’s work to educate people and they are saying we need to dumb down the language. The word that they mention in the article is “enough” which this group thinks should be spelled “enuf”.

Now I will grant them that it does sound like it should be spelled that way and that, of course, is their point. This group also claims that the difficulty of the language means that 40% of the people have a hard time reading and writing because of it. That may be true but why should the 60% that don’t have a problem be forced to relearn the language. All I’m saying is that it’s a pretty dumb thing to bitch and moan about.

Now that my rant is out of the way I do have some cool news. For anyone that follows me you know I am going back to exotic dancing starting tonight at the Déjà vu in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I am really excited and nervous because it’ll be the first time on a dance stage in almost four years. I plan on blogging about it tomorrow or possibly Monday.

Kisses and licks,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment